Category Index

Public Auction #435

Click here for pre-auction bidding, ended February 16, 2018 at 7:00pm (New York time)
Click here for live auction, takes place February 17-18, 2018 at 10:00 AM (New York time)
Bids updated February 16, 2018 at 7:13pm (New York time)

518CVFDCIntriguing, outstanding worldwide accumulation in five cartons. Around 3,000 (estimate) commercial covers, postal stationery, postcards and a few FDCs from the late 19th Century to late 20th Century. Three cartons are worldwide both loose, in sleeves, and in several binders, and the other two cartons are one each Russia to the 1980s and Czechoslovakia including special cancels, postmark study, special military and censored mail. A lot well worth your time to view.Cat. Value: S.B. 750.00
Price Realized: $2,500.00
519CVFDCWorldwide assortment in twenty cartons from a Midwest gentleman in the Show-Me State. Thousands and thousands of FDCs. commercial covers, and postal stationery from the 1930s to the 2000s. Has a preponderance of Israel, Vatican, British colonies FDCs as well as Russia postal stationery. Nicely organized in mostly large clean binders and two-sided, four pockets “Varo type” pages. Searching might find some nuggets but the final destination would either be to an another admirer of postal history or a small bourse cover table.Cat. Value: S.B. 750.00
Price Realized: $350.00
520CVFascinating mainly worldwide cover assortment from around 1900 to the 1950s. Consists of around 100 commercial covers, postal stationery, and postcards. Italy mainly WW I Naval Forces identified and mounted nicely on quadrille pages make up roughly 60% of this offering. The other 40% are miscellaneous worldwide and a few US on manila stock pages. Worth a look.Cat. Value: S.B. 400.00
Price Realized: $375.00
521CVMostly worldwide accumulation in a medium box, Includes roughly 250 commercial covers, postal stationery, and postcards from the 1850s to the 1950s. Comprises about 50 France postal history from the classic period to the 1950s, twenty-two different Japan postcards including military, street scenes, twelve Germany WW I postcards having a complete used set of B218-219 with Metz CTO cancel, over twenty-five hold to image cards with some artist signed published by the American Journal Examiner, and about 100 of the covers are mainly from one correspondence to a firm in Chicago from the 1880s to 1930.Cat. Value: S.B. 350.00
Price Realized: $450.00