RASDALE STAMP COMPANY
Family Owned & Operated Since 1932
Conditions of Sale
- Placing of any bid shall constitute full understanding and acceptance of all of the following conditions of sale:
- All bids are per lot, as numbered in the catalogue. Bids may be submitted by mail, fax, phone, email, in person, or by an agent selected by the buyer. Rasdale Stamp Company reserves the right to withdraw any lot prior to sale, to divide any lot or to group two or more lots together into a new lot.
- All bids are handled competitively and confidentially. Lots purchased for the highest bidder at a slight advance over the second highest bid. Should any dispute arise between bidders, the decision of Rasdale Stamp Company as to the successful bidder; or the re-offering or resale of the lot under dispute shall rest solely in the judgment of Rasdale Stamp Company. Rasdale Stamp Company shall regulate the bidding and reserves the right to refuse any bid which Rasdale Stamp Company, in its sole discretion, believes to be made in bad faith. “Buy” bids are only accepted with the understanding and acquiescence that Rasdale Stamp Company’s discretion is absolute. Any Buyer who fails to accept these conditions shall have its bid declared null, void and of no effect.
- Any party wishing to limit its purchases to a specified amount must indicate the desired total on the bidsheet. Amounts less than $500.00 are respectfully declined.
- Successful bidders who: (i) are not prequalified, with references acceptable to Rasdale Stamp Company; (ii) who are not existing customers of Rasdale Stamp Company; or, (iii) whose account is in arrears shall make payment in full prior to delivery of the lots by Rasdale Stamp Company. Mail bidders who are not existing customers of Rasdale Stamp Company will be timely notified of the amount of their purchases. Rasdale Stamp Company reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to demand cash or cash equivalent at the time a lot is knocked down to any bidder who has not previously established credit with Rasdale Stamp Company, or whose account is currently in arrears. In the event any buyer refuses to pay cash for any lot at the time it is knocked down to him, Rasdale Stamp Company reserves the right to re-offer the lot immediately for sale to the highest bidder.
- If the lot(s) have not been paid within 21 days from the date of mailing of notice of the awarding of sale, then said lot sales may be declared in default; resold; and, any losses arising from such resale shall be charged to the party in default.
- Auction floor Buyers; or their Agents bidding on the Auction floor, must pick up the lots within 7 calendar days of the auction.
- All shipping costs will be charged to the buyer and will be shipped by a method which provides a tracking number and requiring a signature upon delivery. Domestic shipments will be made by certified mail, registered mail, Fed-Ex Ground or Fed-Ex Express. Buyers of large lots without street addresses will be charged an additional $5.00 per box handling fee. International shipments will be made by registered mail (purchases up to $400), USPS Express Mail (purchases under $2,500) and/or Fed-Ex services for shipments in excess of $2,500.00. International buyers are responsible for any customs or brokerage fees as well as any taxes (i.e., VAT, PST/GST). Any questions regarding shipping or costs must be addressed prior to bidding.
- A late charge of 2% per month will be charged to all past due accounts of over 30 days from the invoice date. All attorneys fees, court costs, and other collection costs incurred by Rasdale Stamp Company in respect to overdue accounts will be payable by the buyer. All parties agree that the laws of Illinois shall govern all transactions, with venue and jurisdiction residing in the courts of DuPage County, Illinois for any suit initiated by or against Rasdale Stamp Company by reason of any auction. The laws of Illinois shall prevail over all matters and not as a venue for Conflict of Laws to or for any other state. All auction offers shall be offers advanced solely for execution in the State of Illinois. The provision for late charges shall be void in any state where this provision is unlawful.
- A 16% premium will be added to the Hammer Price as part of the total purchase price. Checks drawn on foreign banks are not accepted. Illinois sales tax of 7.75% will be collected on the total purchase price of all Illinois residents unless the buyer has a Certificate of Resale on file with Rasdale Stamp Company. All customs and or duties are the responsibility of the buyer.
- All lots are sold as genuine. Lots accompanied by a valid Expert Certificate issued within 5 years prior to the auction date shall not be subject to re-certification.
- The following conditions apply to requests for Expertization:
- The lot must be paid for in full including 16% premium and forwarding costs, if any;
- The lot must be submitted by Rasdale Stamp Company or the bidder to an Expertizing Committee acceptable to Rasdale Stamp Company within 21 days of the date of sale;
- If submitted to the Expertizing Committee by the successful bidder, a copy of the application form shall be simultaneously forwarded to Rasdale Stamp Company;
- Lots containing more than one stamp may not be placed on extension.
- If the Expertizing review is not completed and the results provided to Rasdale Stamp Company within 90 Calendar Days of the auction date, then Buyer shall notify Rasdale Stamp Company of the delay prior to the expiration of the 90-day period. Since all lot sales are normally cleared within 90 days, if Buyer fails to inform Rasdale Stamp Company of the delay, then Rasdale Stamp Company may consider the purchase final and distribute the sale proceeds to the Seller as a Buyer acceptance of the tendered lots. Absent timely notice and request for additional time being received by Rasdale Stamp Company, in writing, prior to the 90 days clearance, this transaction may be deemed closed and final by Rasdale Stamp Company with Seller acceptance without objection, and with waiver of default or any claim for refund from the Buyer or Rasdale Stamp Company.
- Expertization costs shall be incurred by the buyer. However, should an adverse opinion be rendered on Authentication, but not due to condition and or grading, then Rasdale Stamp Company will forward an immediate refund of: (i) the cost of the certificate, which shall not to exceed $50.00; (ii) the full purchase price; and (iii) the commission, provided the lot is timely returned to Rasdale Stamp Company in the same condition as when purchased.
- No lot can be returned in any circumstance due to “grading” since it is highly subjective.
- A lot, in which the description is incorrect, is returnable within 5 days of receipt and must be received by the Rasdale Stamp Company within 21 days from the date of the auction. Provided, however, lots cannot be returned under the following conditions: 1) the lot contains 10 or more stamps; 2) there is mention of faults, defects, or “condition mixed” in the listing description; or, 3) the lot was inspected by the buyer or the buyer’s authorized agent prior to bid or purchase. Lots described “as is” are not returnable under any circumstances. All disputed lots must be returned intact, and in the condition received by the buyer. Collections, accumulations etc., are not returnable under any circumstances.
- Title shall not pass to the buyer until Rasdale Stamp Company has received full payment. Full payment is defined as cash or cash equivalent receipt of sale proceeds by Rasdale Stamp Company. Delays may accrue due to credit card fee transfers, check deposit subject to collection and the like. Receipt of a non-certified funds check shall not be construed as payment until funds are fully vested in Rasdale Stamp Company.
Unused w/o Gum or Regum
Coins or Currency