Public Auction #443
- Click here for pre-auction bidding, ends February 21, 2020 at 6:00 PM (New York time)
- Click here for live auction, takes place February 22-23, 2020 at 10:00 AM (New York time)
- Click here for unsold lots, available February 26, 2020 at 2:00 PM (New York time)
- Downloadable PDF File: Public Auction #443 — Session 1
- Downloadable PDF File: Public Auction #443 — Session 2
- Downloadable PDF File: Auction Bid Sheet
Please Note: Pre-Auction Bidding closes on February 21, 2020 at 5:00 (CST). We encourage you to use our website to bid by using the pre-auction bidding process. Then, on Saturday February 22nd and Sunday February 23rd, you are welcome to participate in the “Rasdale Live Auction” feature. Rasdale Live Auction is a dynamic web app where you will be able to bid against the floor while the auction is taking place. You, other Internet bidders, and floor bidders will be able to compete on a single platform to buy lots we are offering. You can bid in either or both aspects of the auction. Please be sure to register early as last minute registration cannot be guaranteed. For more information and a 10-minute tutorial on how to use these features, please contact Kim at 630-794-9900. In addition, we offer a downloadable version of the auction.
Pre-Auction Bidding: Bids will be accepted by mail, fax, email and phone until 5:00 PM (CDT) on Friday, February 21, 2020.
Rasdale Live Auction Bidding: Live bidding takes place at 9:00 AM (CDT) on Saturday, February 22, 2020 for Session One and Sunday, February 23, 2020 for Session Two. Phone bidding is not available.
Opening Bids: Opening bids will be posted on our website and updated until Friday, February 21, 2020.
Viewing of Lots: Lots will be available for viewing in our auction gallery at 35 Chestnut Ave. as follows: Saturday, February 15, 2020 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM; Monday-Friday, February 17-21, 2020 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
The office will close from 12:00 PM to 12:45 PM (CDT) every day for lunch.
Questions Concerning Lots: If you have any questions regarding further information on any lot, please contact our office no sooner than February 10, 2020 but no later than February 19, 2020 and we will be pleased to assist you. There are over 8,000 images on the website, therefore requests for additional scans of any lots are respectfully declined.
Auction Location: Rasdale Auction Gallery, 37 Chestnut Ave., Westmont, IL 60559
Descriptions and Abbreviations
Extremely Fine: highest quality in all respects. Very Fine: significantly better than normal. Fine: Perforations clear of design on 20th Century issues but may cut slightly on 19th Century issues. Fair: off centered or lacking freshness. All defects specifically mentioned. Except where noted otherwise, the values listed are the most recent Scott Catalog values. The “nh” premiums have been used, also the values listed for stamps without gum. Note that accumulations of mixed condition can be expected to contain some items without gum and or faults.
- Up to $50.00 — $2.00 increase
- $50.00 to $100.00 — $5.00 increase
- $100.00 to $300.00 — $10.00 increase
- $300.00 to $500.00 — $25.00 increase
- $500.00 to $1500.00 — $50.00 increase
- $1500.00 to $3000.00 — $100.00 increase
- $3000.00 to $5000.00 — $250.00 increase
- $5000.00 and up — $500.00 increase
1527 S. Fairview Ave.
Park Ridge, IL 60068