Public Auction #440
- Click here for pre-auction bidding, ends May 17, 2019 at 6:00 PM (New York time)
- Click here for live auction, takes place May 18-19, 2019 at 10:00 AM (New York time)
- Click here for unsold lots, available May 23, 2019 at 2:00 PM (New York time)
- Downloadable PDF File: Public Auction #440 — Session 1
- Downloadable PDF File: Public Auction #440 — Session 2
- Downloadable PDF File: Auction Bid Sheet
Please Note: Pre-Auction Bidding closes at 5:00 PM (CST). We encourage you to use our website to bid by using the pre-auction bidding process. This feature will close on May 17, 2019 at 5:00 PM (CST). Then on Saturday May 18th, and Sunday May 19th, you are welcome to participate in the “Rasdale Live Auction” feature. “Rasdale Live Auction” is a dynamic feature where you will be able to bid against the floor while the auction is taking place. You, other Internet bidders, and floor bidders will be able to compete on a single platform to buy lots we are offering. You can bid in either or both aspects of the auction. All you need to do is register to bid prior to the auction. It is strongly recommended you register as early as possible as last minute registration cannot be guaranteed. For more information and a 10 minute tutorial on how to use these features, please contact Kim at 630.794.9900. In addition we also offer a downloadable version of the auction as well.
Pre-Auction Bidding: Bids will be accepted by mail, fax, email and phone until 5:00pm (CDT) on Friday, May 17th.
Rasdale Live Auction Bidding: Live bidding takes place at 9:00am (CDT) on Saturday, May 18th for Session One and Sunday, May 19th for Session Two. Phone bidding is not available.
Opening Bids: Opening bids will be posted on our website and updated until Friday, May 17th.
Viewing of Lots: Lots will be available for viewing in our auction gallery at 35 Chestnut Ave. as follows: Saturday, May 11th from 9:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.; Monday-Friday, May 13th-17th from 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
The office will close from 12:00pm to 12:45pm (CDT) every day for lunch.
Questions Concerning Lots: If you have any questions regarding further information on any lot, please contact our office no sooner than May 6th but no later than May 15th and we will be pleased to assist you. Requests for additional scans on any lots are respectfully declined.
Auction Location: Rasdale Auction Gallery, 37 Chestnut Ave., Westmont, IL 60559
Descriptions and Abbreviations
Extremely Fine: highest quality in all respects. Very Fine: significantly better than normal. Fine: Perforations clear of design on 20th Century issues but may cut slightly on 19th Century issues. Fair: off centered or lacking freshness. All defects specifically mentioned. Except where noted otherwise, the values listed are the most recent Scott Catalog values. The “nh” premiums have been used, also the values listed for stamps without gum. Note that accumulations of mixed condition can be expected to contain some items without gum and or faults.
- Up to $50.00 — $2.00 increase
- $50.00 to $100.00 — $5.00 increase
- $100.00 to $300.00 — $10.00 increase
- $300.00 to $500.00 — $25.00 increase
- $500.00 to $1500.00 — $50.00 increase
- $1500.00 to $3000.00 — $100.00 increase
- $3000.00 to $5000.00 — $250.00 increase
- $5000.00 and up — $500.00 increase
1527 S. Fairview Ave.
Park Ridge, IL 60068
2019 Auction Schedule
- August 17-18, 2019
- November 23-24, 2019